Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nakataa

This world needs God
But it's easier to stand and watch
I could say a prayer and just move on like nothing's wrong

BUT I REFUSE

I don't want to live like i don't care
I don't want to say another empty prayer
I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else to do what God has called me to do
I could choose not to move

BUT I REFUSE

Desperate cries haunt my sleep each night,
cries from a starving child, a rape victim,
a lost soul, a bartered wife, a jobless young man, a single mother...
they all haunt my sleep!
Dreams have to be put on hold!

I REFUSE

To stand and watch the weary and lost cry out for help
To turn my back and try and act like all is well
To stay unchanged
To wait another day
To die to myself
To make one more excuse

I REFUSE

I know we are Your hands and feet
Dear God
So if you Say MOVE
Then it is time for me to follow through
And do what i was made to do
SHOW THEM WHO YOU ARE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought?

  *Walks in SLOWLY*  *Removes cobwebs*.... Well, hello there!  *choosing to ignore the LONG hot minUte!    The other day ( not so long ago) ...