Thursday, October 18, 2018

Heart on sleeve.


One of my greatest fear, next to not fulling the purpose I was created for, is waking up to a world with no words. A world which I cannot express my thoughts / feelings / experiences / using words. This is a world I do not know how I would cope.

Would my friends and family know how much I love them if the words are taken away? Will they know that I am forever grateful for the shared experiences, and the memories shared?

I am therefore taking a plunge in the uncharted waters to be there for the ones who mean the world to me. Put away the phone when mother speaks and listen to her dreams and aspirations, let her know that I believe in her, in what she can achieve, let her know that I am super proud of all that she has achieved, the life she has curved out for her family.

Take the time out to watch what Rev does. Listen to his actions, pay close attention to the intention behind every word spoken. Be more present. Leave out the hurts but take the lessons that come from him.

Pray more for brothers and sisters. That God's grace and wisdom will find a home in their homes. That they will know peace. A peace beyond their wildest imagination. Let them know that I am proud of the people they have become / are becoming.

See my friends more. We are on different pages in our lives, but most have been closer than family, they have been able to see me for who I really am and they choose to walk this journey with me. It is truly a blessing.

I pray for courage and strength to step out of the world I have come to be familiar with, to the world of vulnerability and authenticity to be at peace with the relations that might fall through the cracks as I shake the foundations. I do not know what is around the bend, so let us find out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought?

  *Walks in SLOWLY*  *Removes cobwebs*.... Well, hello there!  *choosing to ignore the LONG hot minUte!    The other day ( not so long ago) ...